CONEX Balkan: Covid-19 Nexus response for improving the socio-economic situation of marginalized people in 6 Western Balkan countries – BIH967
The COVID-19 crisis has disproportionately affected those groups that already faced social and economic exclusion and vulnerabilities before the crisis, namely older people, unemployed women and people with disabilities. The key problems the project will address are the lack of food, medication and other essential supplies, the deterioration of economic conditions, and the isolation and lack of access to social services. CARE is part of a consortium who will collaborate to address the needs and rights of older persons, women, persons with disabilities and other marginalised people. CARE will be active in Serbia as well as Bosnia and Herzegovina.
To contribute to alleviate the humanitarian and socio-economic consequences of the COVID 19 crisis in six West-Balkan countries.
Older persons, women, persons with disabilities and other marginalised people affected by the COVID 19 crisis have improved their resilience against crisis and their socio-economic situation.
Result 1: Older persons, women, persons with disabilities and other marginalised people are able to meet their basic human needs and have improved access to health care and psycho-social support.
Result 2: Marginalised people (and especially long-term unemployed women, persons with disabilities …) have improved their income situation and economic opportunities.
Result 3: Networks of local organisations are strengthened to better advocate needs and rights of older people, women, persons with disabilities and other marginalised groups affected by the pandemic.
- Provide cash and voucher assistance
- Provide in-kind assistance
- Provide Cash for Work
- Provide home care, psycho-social support and organise referrals to (public) services
- Provide medical care services.
- Conduct home help / home care trainings
- Conduct soft skills trainings
- Facilitate vocational educational trainings and internships
- Conduct business development trainings incl. advisory support and mentoring
- Provide small grants and in-kind support for small businesses
- Build capacity and define agenda for advocacy
- Conduct advocacy consultations with authorities and general awareness raising activities
- Organise knowledge sharing events at regional level
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia
13.662 persons will benefit from the planned intervention.
30.080 persons will be reached through awareness raising measures.
This project is funded the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) (with funds of Austrian Development Cooperation).
Caritas, Red Cross, Diakonie, KHCS Mother Teresa, Philanthropy, Budućnost, “NEXUS – Vranje”, Otaharin, „AGROPLAN“, EKO-BUDUĆNOST”
01.05.2021 – 31.04.2023
This project contributes to the following sustainable development goals (SDGs):