India: Covid-19 Wave 2 Response – IND903
The current modelling studies indicate that from the present level of 350,000 infections per day, India is likely to have 600,000 infections per day before the current wave peaks. For addressing the challenge posed by this level of infections there is a need to ensure rapid action in terms of improving hospital infrastructure and delivering essentials commodities like medical oxygen, anti-virals and other drugs.
Reducing the impact of the second COVID-19 wave in India.
- To supplement government efforts to address the deadly second wave of COVID -19.
- To strengthen healthcare facilities in Bihar especially Patna, Bihar, India.
1) Offering relief through the makeshift COVID healthcare facility at the Patliputra Sports Complex to address the second COVID-19 wave in India.
2) Operationalizing the Kangan Ghat healthcare facility as part of the third wave preparedness.
- Establishment and running the makeshift COVID healthcare facility at the Patliputra Sports Complex from 3rd May 2021 onwards.
- Delivering essentials commodities like medical oxygen, anti virals and other drugs
- Providing all human resources support for the facility i.e. doctors, nurses, lab technicians and other support staff.
- Outreach consultations to the neighbouring blocks by general duty doctors and specialists.
- 24/7 ambulance service.
- Capacity building of the ground staff.
- Maintenance of facility including equipment as a preparedness mechanism against the incoming surges.
- Providing medical equipment and human resources to the Kangan Chat healthcare facility.
- Providing 24/7 health condition monitoring and support to admitted patients.
- Providing counselling services for patients and relatives.
Patna district, Bihar, India
01.05.2021 – 31.12.2021
This project contributes to the following sustainable development goals (SDGs):