Chad: PROSSAN – Santé et Nutrition- TCD912
The health and nutrition situation in Chad is strongly linked to the general context and reality of the socioeconomic situation of the country. It is characterized by high morbidity and mortality associated with various communicable and non-communicable diseases and malnutrition. The most affected are children from 6 to 59 months as well as pregnant and lactating women.
To contribute to the provision of high quality and equitable public health care and services to the population of Chad.
Improve access to and quality of health and nutrition care for children under 5 years of age and pregnant and lactating women through support for the optimal and sustainable implementation of the minimum activity package and additional activity package at the level of health facilities and the community in the health district of Guéréda.
R1. Quality primary health care is provided free of charge to children aged between 6 and 59 months and to pregnant and lactating women in the Guéréda health district.
R2. Quality screening and care for acute malnutrition are provided for children under 5 years of age and pregnant and lactating women in the Guéréda health district.
R3. A community health support system and care for malnutrition in the health district is functional.
R4. The governance, information management and advocacy capacities of actors in the Guéréda Health District are strengthened in a sustainable manner.
- Signing of agreements with the Provincial Health Delegation and the health district, Diagnosis, recruitment of midwifery technical health officers and capacity building of health workers
- Support for the supply of health centres with essential medicines, consumables, equipment, logistics and rehabilitation
- Management of health care for children aged 6 to 59 months and pregnant and lactating women
- Support for the referral and counter-referral system for children aged 6 to 59 months and pregnant and lactating women
- WASH in health
- Implementation of a clinical mentoring system
- Support to the management of GBV cases and people living with HIV
- Formative supervision in the health district (health centre and community)
- Conducting a client/staff satisfaction survey
- Competition for excellence of the district health centres
- Support for the supply of nutritional input and systematic treatment of children from 6 to 59 months and pregnant and lactating women in all health centres
- Screening and management of malnutrition
- Provision of admission kits and discharge kits in the Nutritional Therapeutic Unit
- Care for accompanying mothers
- Training and retraining of health workers on Community-Based Management of Acute Malnutrition
- Conducting Semi Quantitative Evaluation of Access and Coverage (SQUEAC) surveys
Province of Wadi Fira: Guéréda Health District
A total of 150 942 direct beneficiaries, including children aged 6-59 months (including children under 6 years of age), pregnant and lactating women, health workers, community health workers, mothers, traditional practitioners, leaders, members of management committees, members of health committees, members of the Provincial, Departmental and Local Action Committees. In addition, 415 organisations including, health centres and hospitals will benefit from this action.
17.01.2020 – 16.01.2025
This project is funded by the European Union (European Development Fund).
This project contributes to the following sustainable development goals (SDGs):